Episode 216 - Dede Griesbauer
WORKOUT OF THE WEEK/ONE STEP AHEAD: (00:12:57) Training the gut to tolerate carbohydrates.
HOT PROPERTY INTERVIEW: DEDE GRIESBAUER (00:29:00) American pro triathlete Dede Griesbauer is a 3-time top 10 finisher in Kona and, at the age of 47, continues to compete at the highest level. We talk to Dede about her career to date, her upcoming race in Texas and her near career ending crash in 2011 when she was told she’d never run again.
5 MIN FOCUS: (01:20:00) We catch up with Thorsten Radde of TriRating and talk IM Cairns – who’s looking good for the win, Challenge Roth and the new initiative to add English commentary to the Challenge Roth live streaming plus we discuss how the changes to the Kona qualification process might impact on an athlete’s chances of making it to Kona.
SID TALKS: (01:49:30) We catch up with Sid in Girona on the weekend's racing.
- Link to research article at http://www.mysportscience.com/single-post/2017/03/25/Training-the-gut-for-athletes?_amp_=true
- More about Dede Griesbauer at http://www.dede-griesbauer.com/
- Follow Dede on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/dedegriesbauer
- Thorsten Radde of TriRating at https://www.trirating.com/
- More about Laura Siddall at https://laurasiddall.com/
- Follow Laura on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LauraSiddallTriathlete/
- The Magic Pill at https://www.netflix.com/nz/title/80238655