Episode 211 - Josh Amberger
LISTENER QUESTION: (00:02:38) How long should we be spending in a sauna for heat acclimation.
LISTENER FEEDBACK: (00:14:52) More about Callum Hawkins and his Common Wealth Games Marathon around heat acclimation.
WORKOUT OF THE WEEK: (00:24:26) Running with power – how beneficial is it.
HOT PROPERTY INTERVIEW – JOSH AMBERGER: (00:38:50) We bring back Josh Amberger to talk about his podium second at Ironman South Africa plus he answers questions from his followers about the win, his training, his power numbers, cadence, heart rate, nutrition, shoes and death metal!
SID (& MIKE) TALKS: (01:27:26) Sid’s back and we talk Challenge Melbourne – both the race and the drafting issues. Plus we also talk to Challenge Melbourne winner, Kiwi Mike Phillips!
ONE STEP AHEAD: (02:11:25) Carb rinsing
- Link to Workout of the Week at https://www.trainingpeaks.com/blog/report-the-impact-of-running-cadence-on-running-economy-ecor-and-re/
- More about Josh Amberger at http://www.josh-amberger.com/
- Follow Josh on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/josh.amberger
- More about Laura Siddall at https://laurasiddall.com/
- Follow Sid on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LauraSiddallTriathlete/
- More about Mike Phillips at http://mikephillips.co.nz/
- Follow Mike on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Mikephillipsnz
- Link to heat exhaustion research at https://www.outsideonline.com/2299756/psychological-side-heat-exhaustion?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=onsiteshare
- Link to carb rinsing study at https://journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/Abstract/2018/05000/Effect_of_Carbohydrate_Mouth_Rinse_on_Performance.17.aspx