Episode 210 - Maurice Clavel
WORKOUT OF THE WEEK: (00:07:24) The Commonwealth Games Marathon and the Boston Marathon. Preparing for the conditions.
HOT PROPERTY INTERVIEW – MAURICE CLAVEL: (00:24:34) We interview German pro triathlete Maurice Clavel who raced to 3rd at Ironman South Africa last week and to 3rd at Challenge Roth last year. Maurice was already a consistent podium finisher at some of the most prominent IM70.3 events in the world, now he’s showing that he can perform at the longer distance too.
SID TALKS: (00:53:04) Sid’s back and we talk IM South Africa and the loss of the Challenge Wanaka full race.
5 MIN FOCUS: (01:18:55) We interview Dan Horton from Tri Adventures New Zealand. Tri Adventures is a boutique travel company providing triathlon holiday packages to travel and race in spectacular destinations around the world. Their unique tour options are catered to triathletes, their families and their supporters wishing to be part of an iron distance or half distance triathlon event. Visit their site at https://triadventuresnz.co.nz/ for more details and use the code Fitter1 for a $100 discount off your trip!
ONE STEP AHEAD: (01:37:27) The latest research on exercise induced intestinal damage and how to protect yourself.
- Workout of the Week and Ross Tucker’s 4 minute mull at http://sportsscientists.com/
- Dr Rhonda Patrick and Charles Raison M.D. at https://www.foundmyfitness.com/episodes/charles-raison
- More about Maurice Clavel at http://www.uplacebmctriathlon.com/athletes/maurice-clavel
- Follow Maurice on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mauriceclavel.de/
- More about Laura Siddall at https://laurasiddall.com/
- Follow Sid on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LauraSiddallTriathlete/
- Tri Adventures New Zealand at https://triadventuresnz.co.nz/
- Mikki’s Chocolate Mint Keto Slice at https://mikkiwilliden.com/recipes/choc-mint-keto-slice
- One Step Ahead research article at https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/british-journal-of-nutrition/article/highintensityexerciseinduced-intestinal-damage-is-protected-by-fermented-milk-supplemented-with-whey-protein-probiotic-and-pomegranate-punica-granatum-l/425A303B178D48BE790EE67DE4D80543