Episode 227 - Joe Skipper
FITTER RADIO COFFEE CLUB RACE ENTRY WINNER: RICHARD KINGSFORD: (00:11:06) We talk to Richard Kingsford, Coffee Clubber and recent winner of the free entry to the Cape to Cape 4 Day MTB race. For Richard this event will mark a return to ‘adventure tourism’ after a debilitating back injury which required endless rehab and minor back surgery. The Cape to Cape will be a chance to celebrate getting back into it. He’ll also be training hard for the brewery finish too!
WORKOUT OF THE WEEK: (00:21:28) We talk to Noeleen O’Shea, Co-Founder of Pilates for Sports (PFS). Pilates for Sports, the official supplier of Pilates Strength and Conditioning, is the ultimate strength and conditioning workout that will take your performance to the next level. PFS have linked Pilates to the movement patterns in sport and deliver this as a 10-Week challenge to improve your performance. Access to the challenge can be either online or with one of their certified partner studios.
FITTER RADIO COFFEE CLUBBER BEN SHEPHERD: Ben has been getting great traction from his work with the Pilates for Sports 10 Week Challenge which aims to improve his pedal stroke and enhance his efficiency on the bike. We think his frame size might have caused most of the issues...
HOT PROPERTY INTERVIEW/SID TALKS: JOE SKIPPER AND LAURA SIDDALL (00:47:43) Joe and Laura are currently in Font Romeu in France enjoying some training at altitude. They talk to us about their recent races, what’s coming up and their plans for Kona.
ONE STEP AHEAD: (01:27:30) Reducing toxin exposure for athletes.
FITTER RADIO COFFEE CLUB GIVEAWAY: (01:40:00) This Sunday we’re drawing a $150 voucher from PUSHYS for our Fitter Radio Coffee Club members. PUSHYS are also offering all our listeners a 10% site wide discount with exclusions* for the 2 days leading into the race - from 8am on Friday 24 August until 11pm on Saturday 25 August with the code FIT10.
FITTER RADIO COFFEE CLUB RACE ENTRY WINNER: KEVIN CAMPBELL (01:42:12) We talk to Kevin Campbell, Coffee Clubber and recent winner of the free entry to the Noosa Triathlon. This will be Kevin’s first trip to Noosa and he’ll be racing there this November after competing at the IRONMAN 70.3 Sunshine Coast this month and before going off to compete at IRONMAN Western Australia in December.
- More about Joe Skipper at http://joeskipper.co.uk/ and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Joeskippertriathlete/
- More about Laura Siddall at https://laurasiddall.com/ and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/laura.siddall.5333
- The Dirty Dozen and Clean Fifteen at https://www.ewg.org/foodnews/
- Noosa Triathlon Multisport Festival at http://ap.ironman.com/triathlon/events/asiapac/multisports/noosa.aspx#axzz5ObND13jY
- Queenstown Marathon at https://queenstown-marathon.co.nz/
- Pushys at https://www.pushys.com.au/
- Sweet Cheeks NZ at https://www.sweetcheeksnz.co.nz/
- Pilates for Sports at https://www.pilatesforsports.com/
- Cape to Cape at https://capetocapemtb.com/