Episode 186 - Andrew Starykowicz
COMPETITION TIME: Predict Mikki’s finish time (in hours:minutes:seconds) for the Queenstown Marathon and be in to win FREE access to her Athlete 12 week Nutrition Plan PLUS a tub of Lean Clean Protein! Email us at email@example.com with your entry before the start of the race! Last entry will be accepted by 8.20am Saturday 18 November 2017
HOT PROPERTY INTERVIEW – ANDREW STARYKOWICZ: (00:20:00) In August last year, Andrew Starykowicz almost lost his life when he was run over by a truck whilst cycling. His injuries included 2 cracked vertebrae, a fractured lower leg and severe concussion. Just over a year later he was back racing and recently took the win at Ironman Louisville. We talk to Andrew about his recovery and his plans for the future.
SID TALKS: (01:10:13) Sid’s just landed in Sydney from the UK after her race at Challenge Sardinia where she placed 2nd. We talk off-season, Taupo 70.3, Noosa and the Triple Crown.
ONE STEP AHEAD & WORKOUT OF THE WEEK: (1:48:19) How maximal fat oxidation influences performance in an Ironman.
- Unit Nutrition at http://www.unitnutrition.com/
- Watch Icarus on Netflix at https://www.netflix.com/nz/title/80168079
- The Joe Rogan Experience Episode 1019 with Bryan Fogel http://jrefan.com/the-joe-rogan-experience-episode-1019-with-bryan-fogel/
- More about the Port of Tauranga Half at http://mountfestival.kiwi/
- More about Andrew Starykowicz at http://www.andrewstarykowicz.com/
- Maximal Fat Oxidation is Related to Performance in an Ironman Triathlon at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29050040
- More about the Powerade Challenge at https://www.powerade.co.nz/challenge
- More about Laura Siddall at http://laurasiddall.com/
- Challenge Sardinia at http://www.challenge-family.com/challenge-forte-village-sardina/