Episode 198 - Patrik Nilsson
ONE STEP AHEAD: (00:09:01) This week we answer some listener questions around:
- Iron supplementation and altitude training
- Keto athletes and ironman training
- Fuelling for a marathon which starts later in the day
WORKOUT OF THE WEEK: (00:27:33) Training, racing and the female menstrual cycle.
HOT PROPERTY INTERVIEW – PATRIK NILSSON: (00:38:15) Swedish pro triathlete Patrik Nilsson raced to 8th place at his debut in Kona last year. At only 26 years of age he’s already won 4 Ironmans and raced to sub 8 times at IM Barcelona, IM Copenhagen and the IM European Champs in Frankfurt. He’s off to Dubai shortly to race the 70.3 there to kick off his season and talks to us about his training regime, his nutrition and his plans for the season up to Kona 2018.
SID TALKS: (01:21:26) Sid’s in Arizona and we chew the latest fat in the tri and cycling world! We talk Mount Half recap, Challenge Wanaka, Challenge Roth, Collins cup, Henri Schoeman and hormone replacement therapies and performance.
- More about Patrik Nilsson at http://nilssonpatrik.com/
- Follow Patrik on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PatrikNilssonTri/
- More about Laura Siddall at https://laurasiddall.com/
- ROAR ‘Women Are Not Small Men’ by Stacy Sims at https://www.amazon.com/ROAR-Fitness-Physiology-Optimum-Performance/dp/1623366860
- More about Henri Schoeman at http://www.henrischoeman.com/