Episode 202 - Sarah Haskins
WORKOUT OF THE WEEK: (00:20:00) Breathing and how it impacts performance. An article by Rachel Vickery.
HOT PROPERTY INTERVIEW – SARAH HASKINS (00:38:40) Sarah Haskins is an American pro Triathlete from St. Louis, Missouri. She competed in her first triathlon in 2003 and became a professional triathlete less than a year later. In 2008 Sarah competed in the Beijing Olympics and in 2011 became the Pan American Games Gold Medalist. Sarah is also a 5 x 70.3 Ironman Champion. As a mother of two young children Sarah tells us the challenges she faces, the people that have helped her along the way and how she now manages her training and race schedule.
SID TALKS: (01:22:10) Sid’s back and we chew the tri fat around Challenge Wanaka, the upcoming Ironman New Zealand race, and pro athlete contracts.
ONE STEP AHEAD: (01:58:40) This week we bring you some listener gems. Ali Brownlee shares his nutrition successes after his technical 100km bike race. We have a listener question around fasting protocols plus we’ve been sent an awesome Vegan Chocolate Brownie recipe - ingredients at (02:11:35).
- More about Sarah Haskins at http://www.sarahhaskins.com/
- Follow Sarah on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/sarahhaskinstriathlete/
- Laura Siddall at https://laurasiddall.com/
- Challenge Wanaka at http://www.challenge-wanaka.com/
- IMNZ at http://ap.ironman.com/triathlon/events/asiapac/ironman/new-zealand
- MaccaX Podcast #47 - 58mins into podcast and Facebook page comments at https://www.facebook.com/TeamMaccax/posts/1560312367419957
- Link to breathing article at http://www.bsems.com.au/factsheet-breathing-to-optimise-performance-triathlon