Episode 229 - Callum Millward
WORKOUT OF THE WEEK: (00:09:26) We have a fascinating chat with Postdoctoral Fellow, John Farrell III, PhD about the benefits of strength training for endurance athletes. John talks us through his 3 recent studies about resistance training and the endurance athlete.
HOT PROPERTY INTERVIEW: CALLUM MILLWARD (00:49:40) We catch up with Callum (Nigel) Millward to talk about the journey to his Kona qualification plus Bev and Callum both do some post-race analysis of the IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship races.
ONE STEP AHEAD: (01:40:41) Similarities between alcohol intoxication and sleep deprivation.
- Aerobic Exercise Supplemented With Muscular Endurance Training Improves Onset of Blood Lactate Accumulation at https://journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Abstract/2018/05000/Aerobic_Exercise_Supplemented_With_Muscular.25.aspx
- Metabolic Response to Four Weeks of Muscular Endurance Resistance Training at http://www.journals.aiac.org.au/index.php/IJKSS/article/view/3824
- Eight Weeks of High-Volume Resistance Training Improves Onset of Blood Lactate in Trained Individuals at https://journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Abstract/2017/08000/Eight_Weeks_of_High_Volume_Resistance_Training.16.aspx
- IRONMAN Western Australia at http://ap.ironman.com/triathlon/events/asiapac/ironman/western-australia.aspx#axzz5PKbpOO8V
- More about Callum Millward at http://www.callummillward.com/
- Follow Callum on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/callummillward5
- Link to sleep/alcohol study at https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-07-people-affected-alcohol-impacted-deprivation.html
- Details to the Cycling Research Study at AUT here