Episode 195 - Helle Frederiksen
WORKOUT OF THE WEEK: (00:22:42) Fuelling for strength training.
ONE STEP AHEAD: (00:34:42) Protein and older athletes.
HOT PROPERTY INTERVIEW – HELLE FREDERIKSEN: (00:49:20) We bring back Helle Frederiksen to talk about her journey from injury, false starts and 18 months of not competing to racing her first iron distance at Ironman Arizona and coming second!
SID TALKS: (01:36:00) Sid’s back in NZ after a brief trip to the UK for Christmas and we catch up on all the tri goss including the Collins Cup, the changes to the Kona qualification procedures for pros and Gomez moving up to the iron distance!
- Interference of strength development by simultaneously training for strength and endurance at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7193134
- Dietary protein requirements for older athletes at http://www.mysportscience.com/single-post/2017/10/18/Dietary-protein-requirements-for-older-athletes
- More about Helle at http://www.hellefrederiksen.com/
- Follow Helle on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/helletri/
- More about Bragi at https://www.bragi.com/
- Ironman Arizona at https://www.facebook.com/IRONMANArizona/