Episode 207 - Tim Reed
WORKOUT OF THE WEEK: (00:14:54) Bev and Tim talk cadence and challenge some of the current thoughts and methodologies around high and low cadence training and racing.
HOT PROPERTY INTERVIEW – TIM REED: (00:58:10) We bring back Tim Reed, Professional Triathlete, Triathlon Coach and Free-Range Chicken Farmer to the show to talk about his last season, his change of coach and sponsors and the plans for the upcoming season.
SID TALKS: (01:28:20) We talk to Laura 'Sid' Siddall during her build up to Ironman Australia where she’s off to defend her title!
ONE STEP AHEAD: (01:59:33) New research just published! Athletes who carry a particular variation in the gene which affects caffeine metabolism will have diminished performance after drinking coffee.
- More about Tim Reed at http://timreed.com.au/
- Follow Tim on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/timreedprotri/
- More about Laura Siddall at https://laurasiddall.com/
- Follow Sid on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LauraSiddallTriathlete/
- Cadence blogs at http://trisutto.com/the-great-cadence-debate/ and http://alancouzens.blogspot.co.nz/2009/07/talking-torque-strength-endurance.html and https://www.alancouzens.com/blog/CyclingCadence.html
- Caffeine and CYP1A2 Genotype Study at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29509641